Sometimes SILENCE says it all !!!

Spend some time ALONE everyday.. Remember that SILENCE is sometimes the best answer you can get ever from yourself !!!! Look at yourself In the 'MIRROR of INTROSPECTION' That is the only way YOU can become flawless in the SPIRITUAL MIRROR of UR SOUL !!!

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

A Hundred-Rupee Note

It was a hot noon in July. I had risen from my illness and so decided to go for a shave. The barber wasn't too busy and so immediately I occupied the place. In the mean time, a dark woman of around twenty-five entered the saloon. She was perhaps a begger.
To my surprise, the barber was exceptionally quick in doing his job after that woman arrived and both of them were having a fine conversation with each other. After I paid him, the barber made a nod asking me to move out. His expression made me suspicious but having no other option, I moved out. I had hardly stepped out when the shutter behind me came scratching down. I knew that we people were in isolation on the other side of the shutter and this made a chill run down my spine. My heart snak and I stood frozen, then came the cry, that of a groaning misery - perhaps helplessness...

The shutter reopened after a few minutes. The woman slipped out, her eyes wet with submission. I steamed thinking that why had she agreed for this disgraceful act. Then, I saw a hundred rupee note clutched in her hand and I instantly knew that she was drenched in the misery of harsh conditions. I was left dumb seeing her helpless eyes and creeping feet. I too moved away, for I could not do anything.

No comments: